Hello. I am a total newbie and I have read up on the support links that are given when you sign up with webring. I was given the SSNB code after I joined and I added it to my page. I get the box up with the search icon and underneath I click "Member, check here for assistance with replacing this alert with your NavBar(s)."
I do that and the message says the u=defurl was not right and I had to replace it with u=defurl (that has me confused!)and so after a lot of trying to fix it I gave in and pressed the link for webring to change it for me. After I did that I am now told:
"This page appears to be yours since the WebRing User IDs match. But the U# doesn't seem valid. Here are likely issues/solutions:"
I am so confused. Also the code is in SSNB I wanted to know how can I get the html code instead. I've looked for the edit site function like it says in the help section, but can't see it. I don't think I am making sense, sorry.
Any suggestions are much appreciated.
Probably best to start from the beginning!
First, be sure the page you entered is the same as the page you place the code on.
2. If it's not, you must edit your entry to the page you intend to use. (read carefully; if you are not in the right place, there's a note directing you.)
3. Then (and only once page is set), get your navigation bar code. Some rings will only allow SSNB, but if HTML is ok, there's a link beneath the SSNB box to get that code.
4. Place code on your page and upload.
5. Then wait and see what happens; with SSNB code, after a while (maybe an hour or two), a brown bar with 'pending' should appear on your site. With HTML, the bar will be complete, but the links will take you to the ring hub.
6. then wait for your site to be accepted ...
... work down this list, if you get stuck, we can explore that section in more detail.